**Select your city in the drop down menu to find dates**
Book 2 classes and receive 10% off your order OR Book an Electronics Masterclass as well and receive a massive 40% off the second class!
We believe there is no "one size fits all" guitar set up.
Just as you are an individual, so is your playing style and so will be your set up preference. After completing this one-day class, you will walk away with the confidence and knowledge needed to set up and service your guitars from the comfort of your own home, saving you both time and money.
- All experience levels are welcome, no matter if you are Shreddie Mercury, or if you've just picked up the guitar for the first time, you will be guided through the entire process step by step by experienced repairers Michael Harron, and Michael Standen.
- All electric guitar and bass’ welcome. Got a Floyd Rose you're struggling to re- string? An Evertune you can't seem to figure out? Or maybe something unique? Bring it along, we'd love to see it!
After working with artists such as Parkway Drive, The Living End, Aria Award Winners Northlane and Angus and Julia Stone, as well as thousands of guitar players across the country, we have developed an immense understanding of all playing styles and guitar types to facilitate all of your set up requirements.
Time - 10am-4pm (unless otherwise specified - single day class)
1-hour theory, covering the fundamentals of guitars and their importance, such as fret life/shape, fret seating and even nut profile.
5-hour practical session, covering everything from action, intonation, relief, fret polishing, and much more as you complete the step-by-step process under the guidance of experienced repairers.
Included in our HCG Electric Guitar Set Up Class:
- Tools for the job
- A work space (Ibanez tech mat)
- Knowledge of proper set up techniques, such as neck relief, action, and intonation.
- How to properly clean and maintain your instrument.
- How to problem solve issues like annoying buzzes and tuning instability.
- In-depth theory about the most important aspects of the guitar, and what to look out for.
- Access to our student-only HCG Community Group, where we are on call and
always there to help!
What you need to bring:
- Your guitar and preferred string gauge.
- Pen and pad for taking notes.
You will receive confirmation of your booking, followed by a reminder that will be sent
to you the week of your class.
- Melbourne classes are held at the Balwyn Community Center
- Brisbane classes are held at the Paddington Community Center
- Sydney classes are held at Mojo Stompboxes, Gladesville.
”Great class! breaks down the steps to set up your guitar to play beautifully, the guitar i set up in the class is now the one i keep picking up” - Dominic B.
”I cannot speak highly enough of this workshop! Every fundamental of guitar set up is covered with great detail in both theory and practice” Harry M.
”Highly recommended this class for anyone from beginners to the serious gigging musicians, served up by two guys who really know their stuff, an afternoon you’d want to come back to do again” - Andrew H.
Harron Custom Guitars Masterclass - Electronics and Wiring.**Please select your city in the drop down menu and search dates and times** Special!! Book 2 classes...View full product details
Welcome to the HCG Acoustic Guitar Set Up Workshop!The only class of its kind tailored to you, the player..We believe there is no "One size fits all" guitar...View full product details
Not sure what to get a loved one for a special occasion?A Harron Custom Guitars Gift Voucher is redeemable for purchase of any product on...View full product details