Welcome to the Harron Custom Guitars Masterclasses!
**Select your city in the drop down menu to find dates**
The only class of its kind, tailored to you - The player.
We believe there is no "one size fits all" guitar set up.
Just as you are an individual, so is your playing style and so will be your set up preference. After completing this one-day class, you will walk away with the confidence and knowledge needed to set up and service your guitars from the comfort of your own home, saving you both time and money.
- All experience levels are welcome, no matter if you are Shreddie Mercury, or if you've just picked up the guitar for the first time, you will be guided through the entire process step by step by experienced repairers Michael Harron, and Michael Standen.
- All electric guitar and bass’ welcome. Got a Floyd Rose you're struggling to re- string? An Evertune you can't seem to figure out? Or maybe something unique? Bring it along, we'd love to see it!
After working with artists such as Parkway Drive, The Living End, Aria Award Winners Northlane and Angus and Julia Stone, as well as thousands of guitar players across the country, we have developed an immense understanding of all playing styles and guitar types to facilitate all of your set up requirements.
Time - 10am-4pm (single day class)
1-hour theory, covering the fundamentals of guitars and their importance, such as fret life/shape, fret seating and even nut profile.
5-hour practical session, covering everything from action, intonation, relief, fret polishing, and much more as you complete the step-by-step process under the guidance of experienced repairers.
Included in our HCG Electric Guitar Set Up Class:
- Tools for the job
- A work space (Tech Anywhere mat)
- Knowledge of proper set up techniques, such as neck relief, action, and intonation.
- How to properly clean and maintain your instrument.
- How to problem solve issues like annoying buzzes and tuning instability.
- In-depth theory about the most important aspects of the guitar, and what to look out for.
- Access to our student-only HCG Community Group, where we are on call and
always there to help!
What you need to bring:
- Your guitar and preferred string gauge.
- Pen and pad for taking notes.
You will receive confirmation of your booking, followed by a reminder that will be sent
to you the week of your class.
- Melbourne classes are held in our Doncaster home workshop 3108
- Brisbane classes are held at our Windsor factory workshop 4030
Remaining Masterclass dates and venues
- Sydney NEW DATE ADDED - 12th and 13th August - Venue TBA (Booking still open, venue within 15 minutes of CBD being confirmed)
- Hobart - 29th of July - Fern Tree Community Center, Fern Tree
- Canberra - 22nd - 23rd of July - Oaks Estate Community Hall, Oaks Estate