Welcome to the HCG Guitar Set Up Workshop!
The only class of its kind tailored to you, the player..
We believe there is no "One size fits all" guitar set up. Just as you are an individual, so is your playing style and as will be your set up preference. After completing this one day class you will walk away with the confidence and knowledge needed to set up and service your guitars from the comfort of your own home, saving you both time and money.
- All experience levels welcome, no matter if you are Shreddie Mercury, or if you've just picked up the guitar for the first time, you will be guided through the entire process step by step by experienced repairers Michael Harron, and Michael Standen.
- All electric guitar and basses welcome. Got a Floyd Rose you're struggling to re string? an Evertune You cant seem to figure out? or maybe something unique, bring it along, we'd love to see it!
After working with Artists such as Parkway Drive, The Living End, Thy Art is Murder, as well as Aria Award Winners Northlane and Angus and Julia Stone and many more, we have an understanding of all playing styles and guitar types, in order to facilitate your set up requirements.
Time - 10am-4pm (single day class)
1 hour theory covering the fundamentals of guitars and their importance.
Brief pause for refreshments.
Followed by a 5 hour practical session, covering everything from action, intonation, relief, fret polishing and much more as you complete the step by step process under the watchful eye of experienced repairers.
Included in our HCG Set Up Class:
- Tool kit.
- Knowledge of proper set up technique (Relief, action, intonation etc)
- Proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Problem solving from annoying buzzes to tuning stability issues.
- In-Depth theory about the most importance aspects of your instruments.
- Refreshments and snacks
- Access to our student only HCG Community Group where we are always there to help!
What you need to bring:
- Your own guitar and preferred string gauge.
- Pen and pad for taking notes.
You'll receive your confirmation of booking, and then an email will be sent to you the week of the class as a reminder including further details
- Melbourne classes are held in our Doncaster home workshop 3108
- Brisbane classes are held at our Windsor factory workshop 4030
- Address and further information will be emailed out the week of your classes
You're welcome to drop off other guitars you have that may need repairs/work our classes don't cover!